The last couple of decades have seen a significant change in the way businesses market their products and services, mainly because of the widespread use of the internet. Consider this – a report by Shopify indicates that worldwide ecommerce sales will stand at around $4.9 trillion in 2021. To make your business visible in the rapidly growing online world, it is crucial that you advertise yourself in the right way. The process becomes considerably simple if you partner with a suitable and reliable advertising agency.
Given that you get scores of alternatives from which to choose, different factors for selecting an advertising agency require your attention. While great ideas still form the crux of most successful advertising campaigns, there are other facets that play a role in determining the progression of an agency-client relationship. Besides, making the right selection is important because of the time, effort, and money that go into the process. What you want, in the end, is more leads converting to customers.
hat Do Top Advertising Agencies Have in Common?
If you wish to find out how to choose an advertising agency that might work well for you, start by taking a look at the common traits of some of the industry leaders. This is what you will find:
- They advertise themselves successfully. If an advertising agency is unable to market its services successfully, expecting it to have the desired effect with your campaign is not the way to go. An agency that specializes in online adverting should have a visible online presence and it should boast of receiving high volumes of organic traffic. If this is not the case, you might want to take a look at the next alternative.
- They value talent. No matter whether you look at big or small advertising agencies, they are only as good as the people they employ. Top advertising agencies look for more than just the required skill sets; they also want their employees to be passionate about their work. In addition, good agencies go that extra mile to reward and retain their talent. Agencies that are committed to self-expression and are culturally diverse tend to deliver more creative and out-of-the-box solutions.
- They encourage change. All the top advertising agencies take time to delve into how their clients’ operate. Then, they offer new insight about your product, your target audience, and measures you can implement to achieve your goals. One of the key factors for selecting an advertising agency is that it should encourage change. If not for believing in the power of change, the world might never have heard of the now famous “Just Do It” tagline. This campaign, launched in 1988, saw Nike’s market share in North America increase from 18% to 43% in around a decade. To take your business to the next level, it is important that you work with a company that challenges you and encourages change.
- They measure success. Good advertising and marketing agencies do not shy away from measuring success. In fact, they rely on various metrics to measure the success of their campaigns along different parameters. In addition, they offer accountability when it comes to result-oriented campaigns. Since there are scores of metrics as well as different ways to interpret them, what it all boils down to in the end is conversions. As a result, the simplest way agencies use to determine if their campaigns are having the desired effect is to look at the increase in conversions after each campaign.
- They have the right work culture. Advertising agencies that do not foster creativity or keep their employees on tenterhooks are unlikely to deliver great results. Not much good comes of agencies that do not give their employees the freedom to express themselves without restraint. On the other hand, agencies that encourage employees to be proactive, innovative, and collaborative are more likely to run successful campaigns. If you visit any of the top agencies, you will notice a certain sense of exuberance along with a cheerful and positive vibe running through their employees.
- They adapt in quick time. Big or small advertising agencies, the good ones are adept at effectively implementing changes quickly, either when there is a problem, or if things don’t go according to plan. Good agencies ensure that they adapt to changing times, and encourage their team members to keep up with the latest in trends and technologies.